Wednesday 2 May 2012

Nesting crows

I have been very surprised by the behaviour of a couple of crows who have nested on top of my neighbour's conifer tree.
I have not had time to study them much unfortunately but managed to get a regular glances during coffee and lunch breaks.
Nest Building
I have seen them collect small sticks from a tree and bring them to the nest (unfortunately, the nest is hidden by a branch), stand at the top of a nearby tree for hours on end protecting the nest against any unwelcome guests, scare away birds perched on "their" tree, swap shift when laying the eggs.

For sure, they are very dedicated birds and I have really warmed to them. Have you had any experience with bird nesting yourself?
In the clip below, you can see the crow gathering nest materials:



In the next one, watch out for the pigeon flying way on the right hand side of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts